INDIA AND BEYOND
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
- 2009 - Jan / Feb: The Climate Solutions Road Tour: Visions of India. Conceived of by Alexis Ringwald and Caroline Howe and developed by the the then-emerging young-people-powered network The Indian Youth Climate Network
- 2009 - August : Techniche 09 at Guwahati, Assam, North-Eastern India
- 2011 - Feb : The Southern India Trichy Tour. Managed and co-developed by young environmental leader and activist Ravi Teja Muthu with support by Dr. CBJ Reddy and NEDCAP and InfoSys, Bangalore
- 2011 - November : The Kashmir Tour. Managed and co-developed by Reetu Asrani & Owais Raheem, IYCN J&K., Srinagar, Kashmir, and Advit & The Rajiv Gandhi Renewable Energy Center, Sector 29, Gurgaon
- 2013 - January : Sanctuary Asia / Green Karbon concert at Bhavan's College. Managed and co-developed by Deepak Gadhia of MSA, Goraj, Gujarat. Additional tour management by Reetu Asrani on behalf of the College of Sindhology, Adipur, Gujarat.
- 2013 - November : The Solar Expedition. Solar-cooking in the Nepali Himalayas on a 9-day trek along a trail in Kodari region, Tatopani district, Nepal. Additional appearances in Kathmandu at Joseph School and with the US Embassy as well as interactions with the Vajra Academy in Chataguam, south of Kathmandu
- 2014 - July : The McGilligan affair. Concerts and interactions at Janak McGilligan's Barli School for Development of Rural Women, with tour development assisted by Deepak Gadhia.
- 2014 - August : Haiti Environmental Awareness Tour. Interactions with Schools, Colleges and Jardin Tap Tap, a low-income neighborhood, community sustainability center in, Cité Soleil, a very high-crime, low income area of already poverty-stricken Haiti.
- 2015 - November : Solar Punch Solar Band Aid, Nepal. Reacquainting with Vajra Academy and new colleagues at FoST, Balkendra School, Everest High School, Kathmandu Valley Secondary School and more.
- 2015 - December : Solar Punch Baroda to Lucknow - Solar Cooking Barnstormer. Visiting and performing for Deepak Gadhia, Janak McGilligan and Ajay Chandook and many others.
- 2016 - January : Solar Punch performs at CONSOL Solar Food Processing Event & Conference, Faro, Portugal. A special appearance by Andrew Mattina & Alan Bigelow.
Our initial visit to India in 2009, as members of the breakthrough Climate Solutions Road Tour 2009, helped us hone our skills, message and mission. We learned how Solutions to climate change and environmental issues can be found all over the Indian sub-continent. And we got a ton of help from the United States Department of State!